Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hump Day (sorry, had to do it)


So this is Josh's day. I make the low rumble-y sound in the band. I also post my thoughts on Wednesdays. Not my thoughts about Wednesday as a day, but thoughts that happen to occur to me while it happens to be Wednesday. Although I may talk about Wednesday as an entity as well. Got it? Good.

Wednesdays are currently my favorite day. Why? I have nothing to do. I'm currently working on a Master of Music in Jazz Studies at the University of the Arts here in Philadelphia, and I have Wednesdays off. It's pretty sweet. I get to take care of all the "life" stuff, like laundry and dishes. It's also nice to have a mini-weekend in the middle of the week, especially considering that I don't always get a real weekend. Lately I've had a lot of shows (Sobriquets or otherwise).

Speaking of shows, if you're interested in seeing me do stuff other than rock out, I'll be playing bass at the Merriam Theater on Broad & Spruce for the world premiere of "Does Your House Have Lions?", a UArts interscholastic collaboration of epic proportions. It's a large performance piece based on an autobiographical book of poetry by Sonia Sanchez, with music by Philadelphia composer Evan Solot, as well as acting and dance. The dates are as follows:
  • Friday, April 17 - 7 PM
  • Saturday, April 18th - 7 PM
  • Sunday, April 19th - 2 PM
See you next Wednesday.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment