Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Monday?

Hi everyone, this is Nick.
I hit stuff for The Sobriquets. I'll be posting here every Monday. Since no one really likes Mondays, I'll do my best to post something to cheer you up. What makes you happy? Let us know in the comments section and I'll look for some tiny pieces of happiness and bring them to you via Songs De Guerre.

Tonight's happiness is about us, The Sobriquets. We just had a meeting about plans for our summer tour, and it looks like we'll be playing a lot of shows, probably even one near you. So keep checking our site and this blog for updates on where you can see us. We'll also be releasing our first record with the full band lineup this summer. And since I was able to contribute to making this one, I am a very happy man. We're really excited for everyone to hear it.

Stay tuned for additional weekly posts from the unique perspective of each Sobriquet. Thanks for reading, and we look forward to your comments and feedback about the blog and the band.

Oh, and above is a picture of the first time I played the drums.
Do I look happy? I think I may have been a little uncomfortable in those overalls.

4 comments:

  1. Dan's note: Nick is a highly positive person. This is why we enjoy having him in the group. Please don't let this fool you into thinking we are a "happy" sounding band. There is plenty of melancholy and angst for everyone. There is nothing even resembling, say, a Chumbawumba single or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you know, that's funny, because most of the music I listen to is sad. I like minor keys and people working out their troubles in a song. That's why I like this band.

    I also like that Chumbawumba makes their sadness go away by drinking different kinds of drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take a whisky drink!
    I take a chocolate drink!
    And when I have to pee, I use the kitchen sink!
    I sing the songs that remind me I'm a urinating guy!

    I get knocked down, I get knocked down again!
    You're never gonna knock me down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Shit! There's a baby in your band? That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete