Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sad Bastard Sunday Roundup


Hi. It's James. I sing and play the quiet guitar in the Sobriquets. This is a picture of me in college, playing a loud guitar and dressing like a homeless person (though I should mention that I'm wearing the same shirt right now). Also, that's my friend Mark playing the keys.

I'll be doing Sunday updates (usually earlier in the day), as well as other days if the mood strikes. I shall attempt to minimize my p0litical ranting.

Last Friday (Good Friday, for those of you who keep track of such things), we went off to Harrisburg to play at the Local Beat, one of our favorite new venues. In addition to being a really beautiful little gallery, they make hella good food, and usually give us some. I had sea scallops wrapped in bacon that were so good, they warranted a remote updating of my Facebook status.

We were joined by Eli Charleston playing us songs of a forgotten age, and the Heyvan Band singing some good acoustic country... we played loud rock and roll. We just don't know any better. Pictures soon. Also pictures from our trip to Cape May for the Singer Songwriter Festival soon.

Went to a party... had some drinks... now thinking about sleeping... tune in tomorrow for more of Nick being incongruously sunny.

Loves,

J(ames)

1 comment:

  1. I had to look up "incongruously". I get it now.

    Sorry I missed my Monday post. I was in my happy place, and they don't have the internet there.

    ReplyDelete