Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sad Bastard Sunday Roundup: Tuesday Edition

Hey all... James here.

Haven't blogged in awhile (save for my occasional texted rants to my other blog, though I haven't really sent any of those in awhile either).

Been pretty hard at work prepping the new record (details of which to be released soon), and booking our summer tour dates to promote said record (details of which to ALSO be released soon). For those of you thinking we haven't been playing nearly enough shows of late, believe you me, we feel the same way. One gig or so a month just ain't cutting it for this big-haired geek, to say the least. I need to make an ass out of myself in public at least thrice fortnightly or I start to get weird (how would we know, you ask snarkily... you'd know).

Been also watching a lot of Phillies... well, actually, not WATCHING the Phillies, per se. I don't have cable, and most of the games are on Satan's Sports Net (and for once, I use "Satan" not to refer to the Fox Network). I spend many an evening (too many, one might suggest) staring at MLB.com's Gameday, providing me an almost visually interesting display of pitch by pitch. It's kind of like video game graphics from the mid 80s when the game froze, and all you could do was watch the CPU throw strikes past you whilst your NES began to shake, then to smoke, and lastly to weep, ever so gently, in the corner.

Aaaaanyway... the boys are doing, generally, quite well of late (admittedly, not so much today), though I had an odd weekend last weekend: I don't think I've ever rooted against the Red Sox and FOR the Yankees in the same, well, ever. I know it's trendy to shit on the Sox because of Red Sox Nation (which, in fairness to Bostonians, we here in Philly would be probably just as bad, if we could win more than one championship per generation), but having grown up reading (and re-reading, and re-re-reading) a lot of Stephen King, I can't hate the Red Sox. I can't. Except when they play (and especially beat) the Phils. But AT THE SAME TIME, the Yankees (who I, like all thinking people, despise) were playing the Mets (who I wouldn't have really any too many negative feelings about, except they and the Phillies have this rivalry, see, and therefore must lose at all cost). Up was down, black was white, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

Watching the Wire... halfway through Season 5... wherein everyone loses their damn minds...

Getting ready to go to Warshington and pelt Congress with small stones
until they stop being stupid.

That's about all for today. Perhaps I'll get back to blogging more regularly... or maybe not.

Listened to a couple sets of Phish from last week... for those of you who may profit from this information, allow me to say they're playing better than at really any time in the past decade.

That is all.

Loves,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment