Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sad Bastard Sunday Roundup: Rainy May Edition

Sad Bastard Sunday is right: no Phillies. Lame. Now what am I supposed to do between laundry and dinner?

Anyway... we had our first rehearsal in our new space, high above the street (which is really exciting when one is carrying amps, or drums, or a two ton anvil... this experiment may cause us all to have legs like Popeye's arms). Seemed to go well, though evidently I lack the proper tools to be able to set up much sound baffling (who knew you needed staples in a staple gun?). This is what I get for not being particularly handy. Pics to come soon.

This week, Arlen Specter changed parties (sorta), David Souter announced his retirement, and Nick finished editing the first of what we hope will be many, many video diaries of the Sobriquets. It includes live footage of us playing Boundary Blurring, a song which is, as yet, unavailable. Unless you were following our Download of the Month last year for the week between Christmas and New Years. Or go to our website right now and stream it. So I guess it's kind of available.

Speaking of Downloads of the month... Well, this is embarrassing... it turns out that last month, I was apparently asleep at the switch. April never got a Download of the Month. UNTIL NOW, BABY!!! Due to my egregious laziness/forgetfulness/uselessness, y'all get, in addition to the song I had intended to post, but also a sneak preview of a song from the new, almost-named EP coming out in July! Don't get too used to this generosity... I'm a cruel, cruel man.

Anyway, we're playing the Seaside Music Festival in Seaside Heights, NJ on the 15th, then our 50th SHOW SPECTACULAR WHICH IS ALSO MY BIRTHDAY on May 23rd at Doc Watson's here in Philly... so those oughta be pretty good parties.

Here's some pictures from our recent travels!

And the camera said, "Why is there only one set of footprints?"
And I said, "Because I was carrying you..."

Josh & Dan ponder the ineffable.

Nick & I create a feedback loop.

I try to leam at the James Leaming House.

Yay guitars (and amps and drums buried by guitars)!!

Me

Dan

Josh

Nick

The next two places are on the same block in New Cumberland, PA:

After taking this shot, the camera dies... is it me?

So anyway... gonna go have dinner now... See y'all soon!!

J(ames)

PS: The new Neko Case record is AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment