Monday, May 4, 2009

The Punny Side of the Street

Sunday was Sad. So you'd think Monday would be happy here at the Sobriquets blog, right? I'd like to say it is, but it isn't. The rain won't go away! It's dampening my spirits, to say the least. Isn't there a saying about April showers bringing May flowers? I would like to see some of those flowers. Dry flowers.

Well, I'm sure it's the REAL May somewhere, so if anyone is having nice weather, be sure to comment below and rub it in. Describe it well, though. It'll make our visualization easier.

Today would be a good day to listen to some Sobriquets music. I think I'll "pop in" my copy of the soon-to-be-released Sobriquets EP. Since I don't have a physical CD, what do I say? I'll "click it on"? I'll "point to play"? What do you think? The digital revolution is upon us, so I guess we need to invent some new phrases. Are there a lot of phrases that sound dated if taken literally, but still in use in common modern language? Is there a term for THAT? Maybe my friend Nate Green will post something about this on his blog.

Good night everyone.

Sad Monday,
Nick

1 comment:

  1. Nick,

    That's definitely a good question about language. My first inclination is to simply call it a misnomer - one that's leftover from time past. (Like taping shows, internet "radio," and so on.)

    But I'll definitely look into it a little bit for a future post.

    By the way ... when can the listening public expect to pop in our own Sobriquets' EP?

    ReplyDelete